American Kennel Club Golden Retriever Pet Purchase Agreement
Windy Knoll Goldens, LLC (hereinafter referred to as “WKG”) agrees to sell the puppy described as: Puppy Breed: Purebred Golden Retriever, Registered by: American Kennel Club
This Puppy/Dog is being sold as a Pet only. If BUYER wishes to change puppy/dog limited registration to AKC full breeding rights, please contact WKG for consideration and additional breeding fees.
Full payment of puppy MUST be paid for in full before puppy leaves seller’s possession. Checks presented at the time of pickup will not be accepted except for bank checks. Payment may also be made through the online invoice, or cash. Deposit of $500 is non-refundable for every reason. Any refunds will exclude deposit.
WKG guarantees this Puppy/Dog will be in good health for 3 days after BUYER takes possession of this Puppy/Dog. Buyer agrees to have Puppy/Dog examined by a licensed veterinarian within 3 days of purchase. Should Buyer fail to have this Puppy/Dog checked by a licensed veterinarian within the 3-day timeframe, this health guarantee is void. This part of the guarantee expires 3 days after Buyer takes possession of the Puppy/Dog.
WKG is NOT responsible for ANY veterinary bills or any costs for the care of Puppy/Dog after the dog has been purchased. Breeder does not cover any kind of parasites brought on from stress, leaving our home and into a new environment. If Puppy/Dog is to be found in an untreatable health condition, buyer is to get a written statement from a licensed veterinarian. Buyer will then have 2 options
- Keep Puppy/Dog assuming all costs for its care.
- Return Puppy/Dog and pick a puppy out of the next available litter, of equal or lesser value only upon WKG receiving a licensed veterinarian’s written report regarding proof of the health of Puppy/Dog within the time period of 3 days from the date the Buyer receives Puppy/Dog in their possession.
Clause 1: Puppy is guaranteed until one year of age (or two years if feeding a WKG approved dog food) against congenital malformation or hereditary disease. Should the puppy be diagnosed with congenital malformation or hereditary disease within the first year, a written veterinarian report must be submitted to the seller and signed by a licensed veterinarian. Seller MUST be notified of the problem within 24 hours of the licensed veterinarian’s determination. Buyer will have 3 remedial options: 1.) Return puppy for refund of purchase price (minus the deposit) and reasonable vet fees related to certification of disease or malformation. 2.) Return puppy for a puppy of equal or lesser value. 3.) Retain puppy and receive reimbursement of reasonable veterinary service for the purpose of curing or attempting to cure the dog. In no case shall this refund exceed the purchase price of the Puppy/Dog.
Clause 2: A returned puppy must be returned to Seller in good condition, other than specified problem, at the buyer’s expense. Buyer will then qualify for a replacement puppy of equal or lesser value out of the next available litter. Buyer is responsible for transportation costs to and from the Seller.
Clause 3: Vaccinations, de-worming, and heart guard are not covered under this guarantee. Other certain disorders that may be caused by environmental factors, such as, allergies, thyroid dysfunction, ear mite, mange, and other autoimmune disorders that are not congenital are not covered in this guarantee.
Clause 4: This guarantee does not include hip or elbow injuries, hernias/ruptures, hypoglycemia, UTI, coccidiosis or giardia, (which can happen in puppies that are stressed from moving to new homes).
Clause 5: All veterinarian charges, incurred by the purchaser, are the sole responsibility of the purchaser and will under no circumstances be paid by the seller, (except under clause 1) including spay or neuter charges. The seller guarantees a healthy companion pet, but does not guarantee breeding or show quality, adult size, color, coat type, ear set, or temperament.
All guarantees shall become null and void if the puppy is sold, given away, or transferred to another person.
Conditions of sale: Buyers’ Responsibilities
- Buyer must take puppy to veterinarian of choice within the first 72 hours of purchase, at buyer’s expense, for health guarantee to be valid.
- Buyer agrees to maintain the puppy’s health in good condition by:
- Providing vet exams, and any other usual procedures necessary to assure good health.
- Acknowledging our recommendation for the use of Nuvet Plus (https://www.nuvetlabs.com/55651) for at least two years.
- Acknowledging our recommendation for feeding your puppy Zignature or The Honest Kitchen dog food for at least 2 years. Check out our Luxury Dog food page on our website for more recommendations. It is very important not to overfeed your puppy. Keep your puppy in shape while growing and bone structure is developing.
- For the first year, your puppy must not have strenuous or forced exercise and must be supervised during exercise. No jumping from anything over 2.5 ft. Puppy must be allowed to self-exercise outside in a fenced area or inside a designated pen. It is best if the puppy is walked confined on a leash no more than ten to fifteen minutes a day until they are a year old. The proper structure and mental development occur during the first year.
- Buyer agrees to provide a safe, secure, and suitable environment for this puppy.
- Buyer is responsible for training your puppy. WKG is not responsible for any bad behavior puppy might have. We socialize and train all the puppies that leave here, but it is very important to seek a trainer or help on how to properly train your new furry friend.
Conditions of sale: Seller’s Responsibilities
- Seller guarantees puppy will be wormed, vet-checked, and to have received vaccinations upon leaving Windy Knoll Golden premises.
- Every puppy comes with AKC registration papers including limited registration rights (limits the breeding rights of the dog).
**The Seller neither makes nor implies any warranties or guarantees, express or implied, other than those written in the agreement including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and fitness. This document constitutes the entire agreement between the Seller and Buyer with respect to this sale. The buyer’s signature below indicates that he/she has read, agrees, and does understand all the conditions of the sales agreement and contract of sale. Any and all litigations will be handled in Penobscot County, Maine. ** Balance must be paid in full with cash, bank check, or through the invoice when puppy is being picked up. Thanks!